Penpergwm House, which means 'house at the head of the wooded valley', is named for its position, in the heart of the beautiful Usk valley, in a tranquil spot close to the bustling market town of Abergavenny in Monmouthshire, South Wales.
Built in 1845 as the Rectory for Llangattock Nigh Usk Church at The Bryn village, Penpergwm House became first a private house then a guest house from 1950 until 1987, when it was adapted to residential accommodation, initially for 16 residents and has now been extended to accommodate up to 30 people.
Priscilla Llewelyn, the owner, lived here and ran the guest house for several years before becoming the Home's Registered Manager and Managing Director
Set in beautiful gardens, the appointments are luxurious and the location is excellent. There is a bus stop just outside the drive gates to the front of Penpergwm House, with regular buses direct to Abergavenny, Raglan and Monmouth.
We also offer Day Centre facilities seven days a week. Transport can be provided if required at a small extra cost.
Today there is a Domiciliary Care Agency and a Training Centre based at Penpergwm House.